In the time of a global pandemic, it’s essential to make sure your living space is well-cleaned and sanitized. To avoid adding insult to injury, be sure additional cleanliness risks are prevented from intruding on your home. Issues like mildew and mold can trigger a variety of health issues, and it’s important to know the facts before moving forward. The details surrounding mold and mold remediation can be a bit foggy and confusing.
To effectively target a mold problem, here’s what you need to know about mold:
- It is present almost everywhere, whether indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float through the air. They often enter your home through windows, doors, AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- The spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead to possible structural damage.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If you’re experiencing mold or mildew troubles, we can help! At TLC Home Services, we strive for five-star customer service. As a local small business, we are familiar with the area and are privileged to be serving our neighbors and community members. Our rates are competitive, and we are dedicated to providing you with professionalism, timeliness and quality work.
Contact TLC Home Services today for more information about our mildew and mold remediation services: